Friday, July 2, 2021

Dod yn ôl at fy nghoed (coming back into myself)

  
Friday 25 June 2021

A year to the day since I had my first chemo back in 2020. A sobering thought! First Gemcitabine treatment. No problems going in. They only gave me 80% of the drug. It only took half an hour GREAT..... less time waiting around. Monday after treatment I am aware of huge activity happening around my torso, belly, back later on building up into to fluey achey bones feeling. Distracting myself by doing a recording of a song for someone (more on that later when its realeased officially). I dyed an old cotton scarf bright yellow and then started embroidering around the mended patches. As the days go by the side effects lessen, nausea lessens. More bingeing on tv series.

I am realising that this process is relentless. There is no 'when I finish chemo' story at the moment, not until we find a drug that works on me ha ha. Consultants don't know why the drug starts to work and then stops working. It feels like pot luck what might work and what might not. So my fate is in the lap of the Gods. Which gods might those be I hear you ask?

Friday July 2 2021

Second treatment cancelled as my platelets are not up to sufficient strength. I feel like I've just got out of a school exam and I've suddenly got a free week to do stuff without 'managing' symptoms woo hoo! T'is beautiful and sunny. I was a bit wobbly around the edges getting out of the car when I got home after having my bloods done. I was planning a walk in the woods but then thought better of it. I am coming back into myself a little more each day. Perhaps by next week I might feel normal again. Even a simple appointment can slip away and be elusive in this chemo world.

So my future has shrunk to a weekly event that may or may not happen....... Shrodinger's cat anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...