Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Clearing and Circling

 Tuesday 20 July 2021

The third treatment was cancelled as my platelets are not up to it. This plan does not seem to be working very well ha ha. So I chat with consultant and she suggests staying with the same drug but giving me a lower dose as in 60% and hope that my platelets will be able to recover in a week. I discovered that this is one of the side effects of Gemcitibine and happens quite often. So we chat about what can help my platelets recover and she suggested papaya. There is something in it that helps. It is not scientifically proven but she thinks it is a good idea. The draw back was that I still have to wait another week and a half before starting this treatment again as they could not fit me in before my allotted time.

This last week I have been managing my original symptoms again. The bloated stomach, feeling full, the nausea, the back ache. One night was bad enough for me to take pain killers at 2 am but then I did get to sleep. A year on and my cancer is obviously growing again. I am not as bad as I was when it was first discovered but its a sobering thought that we still have not found the one to contain it successfully. So back onto paracetamol to contain the symptoms.

I have spent some time getting rid of papers from files, clearing out the detritus of the last 14 years. How satisfying ripping up and chucking down papers through the attic hatch.

Other than that I am having special times on beaches with special friends I have not seen for a very long time as this sunny spell floats us into summer. Today I am painting my wall, some more inspirational poetry for the residents of Splott to read as they wander past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...