Friday, December 17, 2021

x marks the spot


 I realise that I update my blog when there is something positive or some kind of a plan forward mixed in with the gory details of the effects of the cancer and or side effects.  Well for a good few weeks now I have been in a reduced state and eventually gave up all pretence of living a life and took to my bed, just going downstairs to get food and drink to sustain me as best I can, the rest of the time sleeping loads, reading and watching endless tv series on my laptop.

November 25th 2021  a worried consultant got me a CT scan to see what was going on and the result were much more positive than my state of being suggested. I am still in a 'stable' state. Nothing nasty has grown, my CA 125 has shot up but that could be in reaction to the etopiside pills.

Thursday Dec 2nd 2021 I finally had enough fluid to drain out of my abdomen, so spent the day on a hospital bed reading a novel, unable to concentrate on anything more taxing. Some relief ! ! ! they took 5 and a half litres out of me !!!!!! 

My sister came and looked after me for 4 days. Absolutely bliss.

Next consultation I discovered I was anaemic  so the next action was to have a blood transfusion ! ! ! Vampire Jones anyone?

Wednesday 15th December 2021. 2 hours for one bag of blood to go through, 1 and a half hours for the second bag of blood to go through, no nasty side effects, another day of sitting on a hospital bed reading. Flashes of vampire movies pulsing though my brain.

Thursday 16th December 2021 A consultation revealed that my platelets had shot up to 158 Wowzer !!!!!  We Hey ! Great News but all the other graphs ( blood enzymes and other counts that I don't understand) were going in the wrong direction. (I think my CA 125 has gone supernova, I didn't ask the specific number.)

I am unable to eat enough because of swelling belly( the fluid has started to come back again) so I am threatened with especially prepared fortified meals in drink form, EEW! This should also help my swelling feet and now legs too. We shall see.

Plan of action.I am booked in to have and ultrasound and possible drain on Tuesday 21st December 2021 Consultant is hoping the blood transfusion will help my body regain a balance and I won't have to drain. She will then give me etopiside pills to take away for xmas. First I had 2 days worth, the next time 3 days and she's hoping to give me 4 days worth of the drug to kick me into the new year in a better state.

Here endeth my litany of woes but hey we have a plan and I can escape my bedroom for a week and visit family over xmas. 

5 comments:

  1. Please message me if you want anything at all. I pass your house lots and always happy to bring food, drink, company ….. hope you a well enough to enjoy Christmas with family. Lots of love to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind offer and concern. I will indeed get in touch if I need anything. Looking forward to staying with my sister over xmas period. Loads of love to you and hope you have a lovely festive holiday XXX S

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are going through the mill! Congratulations on your strong and positive spirit and just keeping going through it all! Just because there is no choice but to be brave doesn't mean it's not bloody marvellous and admirable that you are doing so! Have a loving and lovely Christmas and a new year filled with hope, health and possibility! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day everyone, two months ago I was diagnosed with (urethral cancer), which had caused me a great deal of pain and pressure on my bladder. My doctor insisted that there was no other choice but to go under the knife. So everyday I was online searching for herbal medication. I never want to undergo any surgery. so. I have so many testimonies on how they were healed by dr. Imoloa herbal medication. without wasting time i contacted him (dr. Imoloa). on how to get the herbal remedies. I received the herbal package in less than a month, and I followed the steps and procedure on how I should be taking it. and one months later I was scheduled for an ultrasound check: it was shocking. The cancer had completely gone, I had consulted my doctor and canceled the surgery and with your dedicated counseling guidance I managed to completely treat the urethral cancer, along with the pain and anxiety that this condition had inflicted on me. a big thanks to God almighty, thank you Dr. Imoloa for the powerful herbal medication you have to cure people. you reach him on Email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number- +2347081986098.

    ReplyDelete

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...