Saturday, November 20, 2021

Etopiside Ooopsidaisy ! ! !


 

Friday 5th November 2021

                                               I got my first dose of Etopiside chemo in pill form + 50% of Carbolatin. Spent the day waiting for weird side effects to appear but luckily, nothing more than I already have for carboplatin. My sense of style is totally confused. Because of my big belly I've abandoned trousers and belts and am now sporting soft jersey yoga trousers, leg warmers and an outsize baggy jumper. A cross between a dancer, a bad boy with low slung trousers and an ancient punk with a wonky mohican. It is all topped off with an old 1950's parka. A confused style statement if ever there was one!

Thursday 11th November 2021

                                                  My platelets are smashed down to 22 so no treatment for me this week. My feet have swelled up again so I was whisked off to ultrasound just to check I did not have a blood clot in my leg oh and they checked for fluid in the abdomen but there was not enough to warrant an draining procedure. Phew ! A close shave. No blood clots thank goodness. 

Thursday 18th November 2021

                                          My platelets are still going in the wrong direction! They've gone down to 18 Halleliwia ! No treatment for me this week. I just have to wait it out and pray they come up enough to have chemo on Friday. The plan is just to have the etopiside chemo and leave the carboplatin out of the picture. Their mistake was to give me both. You don't know until you try, trial and error! It's all a bit random! The good news is that they do think the etopiside is doing some good because my liver function which had plateaued over the last few weeks started to go in the right direction again. How bizarre that all this is happening inside me and I have no idea and nothing I do or eat or drink makes a blind bit of difference. Apologies for the over use of the exclamation marks in this paragraph.  

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are having quite a time of it, brave and wonderful Sianed! Good news that the etopiside is doing some good! I hope you're getting lots of rest and managing to squeeze in a few treats. We have had some beautiful winter sun here today. I hope you are getting some too and it is raising your hopes and your spirits. Keep up the good work! With love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Havnt heard from you for a while Petal. Hope you are ok? Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...