Monday, August 16, 2021

Two little words - "its working" - a lifeline


 


An excited and positive meeting with consultant with some good news. The idea of a 30% dose of Carboplatin once a week to get  back on track and give my body a chance to recover for weekly sessions has worked so far. Finally some good news. I immediately felt better. Extraordinary how a few words can transform a situation. How my entire look out onto my potential future can turn in a second. After months of being in limbo, uncertain, unknown, this is such a relief.

I was shown a graph of my liver which was rocketing sky high but as soon as I had the first dose it dropped like a stone a definate v shape undeniably going in the other direction. Ha Ha How I love that graph. Ive been warned that this is a slow process back, I will feel pretty shit for a couple of weeks and then after that things should get a little easier. I can handle that I think to myself, so much easier to deal with than the unknown.

Meanwhile Fatigue is a new beast for me. Who would have thought standing up took so much energy or even sitting in a chair took so many muscles. Walking upstairs is a mission and a half. I feel so fortunate I did not experience this at all last year. My feet have swelled up and I have more protein in my blood than I should have. The theory is that the chemo will sort out these conditions as the cancer in my liver reduces and is contained.

So to patience and distraction to get me through the next few weeks after which I can walk out again into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...