Friday, August 20, 2021

Three little words - "Its still working' - a pathway out of the doldrums !

 I've never been so happy to see a graph before in my life. How I love how the line careers towards the sky and is now coming down in leaps and bounds. My liver is recovering, an extraordinary organ that can replenish itself and heal itself. Apparently during June, July and August my cancer ran rampant everywhere but mostly in my liver. 50%of my liver is full of cancer at the moment, a particularily aggressive cancer she has now admitted to me. It grew a little in my original pelvic site and ovaries and some new stuff grew on my peritoneum. No wonder I have a swollen pregnant belly and am fatiguing all over the place.

I could see the relief in my consultants face as she tells me good news and has found a drug that is working for me now. After today's treatment I have 3 more once a week at 30% and then possibly a full blast every 3 weeks to finish the course off. It is a plan, a way forward.

I am so relieved to hear that as my liver recovers then my belly will go down and the fatigue will get less. I had horrors of hearing that the fatigue would stay with me the full course  for six months ! ! !

I have strangely swollen feet, a bit like Beryl Cook's paintings of buxom women with feet in colourful strappy sandals. I look at them and don't recognise them at all, they are not mine. I am wearing somebody else's feet !

2 comments:

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...