Saturday, March 20, 2021

First Caelyx treatment (Liposomal doxorubicin)

 Saturday 20 March 2021

                                           Just a quick update, a day after my first treatment and everything is ok.  No nasty side effects yet and I don't have any nausea and the strange taste in my mouth has gone.  I have realised that I have spent a month in limbo with 2 cancelled treatments and then another postponement till finally yesterday it happened. It is like a bit cloud has been lifted and I can see into the future at least for 3 months anyway. I can get on with my life...... as much as I can in these strange lock down times. 

I asked the consultant how many different drugs there are to try on me and she said at least 5. That gave me hope that I will have at least 2 and a half years and possibly more if the time in between chemotherapies get longer. It is good to have a timescale even if it is not accurate. 

Here's to the Spring and new buddings everywhere. 

1 comment:

  1. That's wonderful news! So great that you feel that the cloud is lifted and beautiful spring awaits! Keep going, super Sianed!

    ReplyDelete

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...