Thursday, September 3, 2020

Good News Half Way through

 Thursday September 3 2020

I have just come back from having my bloods checked to see if I am OK to have my chemo treatment. Tomorrow I start with the extra maintenance drug so it will be a long session. My results of the CT scan have been very good though. The cancer mass that was around my ovaries has shrunk by a third. It was an 8cm by 12cm mass that they measure three dimentionaly. Now it is 6cm by 10cm. The one inside my pelvis has shrunk by a third and the mass on the liver has gone from 2.5 cm to 1.5cm. No mention in the report about the Peritoneum and nothing about the Spleen or the Fallopian tubes which I'm told suggests its all getting better. I am responding very well to the treatment. I asked if the fact that I am responding well to treatment might extend my time without cancer after the treatment has finished and the answer was unfortunately No. They have no idea why with some people it takes years to re-appear and with others a matter of months.

 I think the injections are making a difference in that after I walk up stairs I am less out of breath and physically I do feel stronger.

I have a telephone appointment with the thrombosis clinic next week. Who knew there was such a thing? They will look after supplying me with the injections and do a monthly check that my blood is not too thin ! ! ! This is all to do with the blood clots on my lungs. I am such a numpty. I've only just read in the appointment letter, that that is called a thrombosis. I'm not sure which sounds worse a blot clot or a thrombosis. Of course..... that is what happens if you go on a long flight, you have to wear some very unattractive stockings and make sure you walk around every now and then to stop blood clots forming, i.e. Thrombosis.  In the assessement unit as I was waiting for the nurse to take some blood, do blood pressure and do an ECG just for good measure, I overheard the nurse talking about a patient that had a big thrombosis on her lungs. Wow that sounds a bit serious I thought to myself. It did not occur to me that she was talking about me !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sianed 13/8/59 - 31/1/2022

We are sad to say that Sianed died yesterday 31 January. In accordance with her wishes there with be a celebration of her life, probably in ...